If life wasn't crazy enough with working on our home, Ryan and I getting used to living together after having opposite schedules, trying to figure out my place in the photography world, enjoying our adorable lil' nephews Evan, Forrest, and Levi plus Vivian, our adorable niece... Ryan and I also have a puppy or at least is the size of one, Jack, who is a Jack Russell mix! How fun and YES, and a little crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Giving Up for Getting Back

I can’t say I’ve seriously tried to give up something I enjoyed for Lent! But after hearing people give up something very near and dear to them, which is also something not good for them, it inspires me to do the same!

With working 10 hour shifts, I am STARVING usually when I get home, even though I may eat something at 6:00 p.m. while at work. It is so easy, because of where we live, to make a detour and stop at the nearest fast food joint, mainly ones I can drive-thru. Some of the most frequented include Wendy’s, Arby’s, and on my Friday’s off, Adobe!

With the spirit of Lent behind me… I’m going to give up fast food for the next 40 days!

I thought about pop but that is too easy since I don’t drink but maybe 2 a week now… I also considered candy but I don’t eat as much of that to do any good… fast food is the perfect choice!

Please note… I am not including Subway in the “fast food” category since they offer very healthy options which are usually the ones I pick. Maybe more veggies subs in the next 40 days will be eaten than chicken bacon ranch to help back the “healthy options”.

In the scheme of things, this will help me loose weight and help in my 5k run(s)!

Starting tomorrow… NO FAST FOOD FOR 40 DAYS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment