If life wasn't crazy enough with working on our home, Ryan and I getting used to living together after having opposite schedules, trying to figure out my place in the photography world, enjoying our adorable lil' nephews Evan, Forrest, and Levi plus Vivian, our adorable niece... Ryan and I also have a puppy or at least is the size of one, Jack, who is a Jack Russell mix! How fun and YES, and a little crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way!

Friday, November 20, 2009

A Special Moment from Ryan

Ryan has put his opinion in here and there... but has let me take control for the most part! One thing that was important to him and he has voiced this many times was... a traditional reception. The best man and maid of honor speeches, the prayer before dinner, the clinging of the glasses, the dollar dance, throwing of the bouquet and garter... and the mother/son and father/daughter dance!

As much as I don't see my father as a dancer... I'm willing to go along with Ryan's request!

Anyway... after a long day, I was watching TV up in the bedroom as Ryan sat in my chair watching football.

All the sudden I hear music... that doesn't seem to be going along with FOOTBALL! So I just kept cranking the TV so that I could hear my show!

Finally, he decides to head to bed. I ask him, "what were you doing listening to all those songs?" He told me... he was trying to find a song for his dance with his mom!

HOW CUTE IS THAT?!?! All on his own... making sure he finds the right song! :)

P.S. The song dad and I are dancing to is "Drive" by Alan Jackson... ever since I heard that song for the first time, it reminds me of all the memories I have with my dad! And a little secret between you and I... every time I do hear it, it brings a tear to my eye since it reminds me of what a wonderful father I have!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, so cute. ryan does have a soft spot. mother son songs are much harder than father daughter songs. has he found one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps that anonymous was me. vanessa

    ReplyDelete